Re: Ad Hoc BOFs

2010-08-05 09:51:27

"Paul" == Paul Hoffman <paul(_dot_)hoffman(_at_)vpnc(_dot_)org> writes:
    >> - the room should be a regular room (mp3 stream)

    Paul> I don't think the MP3 streaming happens after the last regular
    Paul> meeting is finished. The mics had been removed from the rooms
    Paul> well before the nonBoFs happened in Maastricht.

    >> - the secretariat should consider having one fewer regular track
    >> on Monday/Tuesday.

    Paul> Fully disagree. We had a lot of contention for real IETF slots
    Paul> at this meeting, and I don't want to see folks fall back to
    Paul> non-WG meetings.

Yes there certainly is contention, but I know at least one WG that did
not use one of their two slots.

I also experienced a number of WGs (all remote) where there were
multiple presentations which were:
         a) not related to any draft I could find.
         b) not uploaded beforehand.
         c) not clearly related to any action of the WG.

(no Paul, none of them in IPSECME)

I contend that we use our in-person meeting time very poorly, and that
we need less meeting time, not more.

Providing an outlet for presentations like this would, I think, make it
easier for WG chairs to stick to the action items at hand.

] mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ottawa(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca
http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.