Re: Call for a Jasmine Revolution in the IETF: Privacy, Integrity, Obscurity

2011-03-11 19:07:58

On Mar 10, 2011, at 12:31 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:

This will have the effect of isolating some companies and countries from the
Internet. Is that a good outcome?

You mean some third-world (or soon to be) junta-dictator might officially and
deliberately cut their economy off from the world's communication networks,
thereby insuring economic failure, rather than suffer the risk that their
citizens might be exposed to external influence or use the Internet to complain
about or conspire against their "lawful leaders", rather as North Korea has
done?

I'm OK with that. It helps bring about their failure due to economic collapse
rather than requiring outside force to stop their depredations, although it
might take a few generations to work.

I'm also okay with air-dropping satellite terminals and television receivers to
their victims, and with beaming high-power wireless signals across their
borders in order to speed things up.

--
Dean