Re: Has anyone found a hotel for Quebec City that isn't exorbitant?

2011-06-20 23:53:30
On 21/06/2011 06:31, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

How is travel significantly more difficult to Quebec City?  It's one plane
change from most US and Canadian points of origin that I checked, or even
direct if you're close enough.

If you look at the number of cities served by direct flights from Vancouver and
Quebec, you will see that the number for Vancouver is much higher.  Vancouver
also has lots of direct flights to Europe.

And each extra hop in a flight path, gives the chance of missing a connection,
the airline losing your bag and all that.

My flight in changes in Newark and out in Chicago, both major
intercontinental hubs which means there are plenty of long-range connections
that are no more difficult.

In my case, coming from Europe, that means that I have to go through US
customs, recheck my bags and wait for the next plane.  That is a minimum
of 2-3 hours extra.

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk(at)uijterwaal.nl
                                          http://www.uijterwaal.nl
                                          Phone: +31.6.55861746