Re: Has anyone found a hotel for Quebec City that isn't exorbitant?

2011-06-20 20:26:25
At 3:55 AM +0200 6/20/11, Henk Uijterwaal wrote:

 May I point out that there has been a survey on the topic and the community
 expressed a clear preference for Quebec over other Canadian cities, knowing
 that travel would be longer and the number of cheap alternative hotels
 smaller.

My recollection, which of course could easily be flawed, is that the survey did not make clear that travel is significantly more difficult to Quebec than other Canadian cities, nor that hotels are more expensive. My recollection is that after the survey there was much discussion of this issue, with a number of people pointing out a number of fairly important problems with the survey. Off the top of my head, in addition to not mentioning the travel issue, also included lumping together into "this group" or "that group" cities which are very different in terms of travel connection, venue suitability, cost, etc.

--
Randall Gellens