RE: Has anyone found a hotel for Quebec City that isn't exorbitant?

2011-06-21 07:49:01
+1

And aware this might mean a sizeable hike in meeting fees.

The *only* wrinkle I can see is that it might be considered useful for a hotel
to block out a number of rooms for booking exclusively by IETF participants, and
the hotel might want to increase the price for that service (because it is a
risk for them that they will not sell all the rooms). The counterpart to this is
that we might have to take whatever rooms are available in nearby hotels if the
"IETF" hotel sells out.

But we have to go down this path anyway. An increasing number of IETF
participants are booking their rooms independently, either in the IETF hotels or
in nearby hotels. The result of this would appear to be the distribution of the
meeting room costs across a smaller number of guest rooms leading to still
higher guest room prices. Loop until done.

Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Lou
Berger
Sent: 21 June 2011 12:48
To: Thomas Heide Clausen; Joel Jaeggli
Cc: Henk Uijterwaal; Ole Jacobsen; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; Keith Moore
Subject: Re: Has anyone found a hotel for Quebec City that isn't exorbitant?

I agree with Thomas, the meeting fees should cover the meetings and the
hotel bill should cover only an individual's room.  This would be more
transparent!

Please feel free to take this as criticism (of the current fee
distribution policy).

Lou