Re: whine, whine, whine

2011-06-21 00:09:58
At 3:52 AM +0000 6/21/11, John Levine wrote:

 Quebec has been in the exact same location for over 400 years.  It's
 not like its a secret to anyone who can look at a map.  It may not be
 as easy to get to as, say, Toronto or Chicago, but (at least from
 where I live) it's a lot easier to get to than a remote armpit like,
 oh, San Diego.

San Diego is much easier to get to than Quebec City, since multiple air carriers serve it. Vancouver is a lot better than San Diego because it has a number of direct international flights, making it much easier still for those from outside North America. I'd agree that San Diego isn't a great location for an IETF, for one reason because we'd have to be at either a hotel too far to walk anywhere or in a conference center.

(By the way, BA just resumed non-stop flights between London and San Diego, but I discount that because it's only one flight on one airline.)

--
Randall Gellens