Re: Agenda known in advance? was Re: Experiment for different schedule for Friday

2011-08-24 09:28:26

On Aug 23, 2011, at 6:48 AM, IETF Chair wrote:

The important dates page for the meeting
<http://www.ietf.org/meeting/cutoff-dates-2011.html#IETF82> shows a date for
the draft agenda and a date for the final agenda.  We try very hard to make
no changes after the final agenda date.  Sometimes changes are unavoidable
because the Area Directors learn about WG-specific details that cause
conflicts.  That said, we do our best to keep to the final agenda.

To my way of thinking, that's the key bit. That said, I could wish that were a
week earlier than 10/21. I am planning November travel now, and expect it will
include visits to Beijing, Hong Kong, and Singapore simply because I am in the
region and people are making those requests. Hence, I expect to leave home 29
October. Company policy wants me to have hotels and flights sorted out two
weeks earlier. So I will assume I have a Friday meeting, and if I don't I'll
make the time available to my local sales people.