Re: IPv6 support in hotel contract?

2011-10-20 16:55:47
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 2:29 PM, David Morris <dwm(_at_)xpasc(_dot_)com> wrote:

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011, George, Wes wrote:

From: Joel jaeggli [mailto:joelja(_at_)bogus(_dot_)com]

At least, we should start *trying* to get IPv6 service from hotels.
We may have a very hard time getting it, but the fact that customers
are starting to *ask* for it will help make hotels aware of IPv6.

I see no pointing in asking for something that a hotel agent is going
to not be able to respond to.

if you want a brown M & M's crontract you're going to actually have to
work with an agent that can grok and then meet your requirements.

[WEG]] Joel, I think this is a spurious line of logic. We already have
plenty of "brown M&Ms" requirements. We bring in our own internet access
professionally manage their guest internet services. If we ask, the
response is likely to be "well, no one's ever asked for that before..."
but that should be followed with "...but we'll find out..."

+1 ... and asking will raise awareness of the issue.

+1  we always should try

Of course, as has been mentioned many times in other threads, we
negotiate meeting venues a long time in advance. There may even
be an IT support plan to add IPV6 before we arrive..