Re: IPv6 support in hotel contract?

2011-10-21 07:27:09

+1

We can put all kinds of wonderful constraints on hotels if we want to - make
sure they are enviromental friendly, non discriminatory in their hiring
practices, donate to save whales and all kinds of other worthy causes and do
things such as transitioning to IPv6 plus be really cheap and be in interesting
and cheap to get to locations - then we will likely never be able to meet
anywhere.

IF IPv6 really requires IETF to use its business to influence hotels to adopt
it then its a technolgy that deserves to go the way of the DoDo. IPv6 will be
adopted because it is needed and brings commerical benefits to those that
deploy it.

----- Original Message -----
From: Cullen Jennings [mailto:fluffy(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 11:57 PM
To: George, Wes <wesley(_dot_)george(_at_)twcable(_dot_)com>
Cc: iaoc(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org <iaoc(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>;
ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Subject: Re: IPv6 support in hotel contract?

We just failed to manager to find a venue in Asia because there was no venue
that meant all the constraints. I'd rather not add more constraints to the
hotel selection. I love the taste of dog food, but v6 in the hotel is not
something that I find critical to accomplish the task I come to IETF to get
done.