RE: Travel/Attendees list FAQ

2011-12-07 14:44:17
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Melinda Shore

I think it's great that Wes put together
a proposal and I hope that it's seen as a starting point for
a wiki or some such rather than as yet something else that
needs an editor and needs an approval process and that isn't
as lightweight and responsive as something like an attendees
info sheet should be.

[WEG] For my part, since I've gone to the trouble of "draftifying" this, I plan
to get my document to a point where I feel that it's reasonably complete (ie
I'm not receiving any additional feedback on items that are missing) and
publish via the individual submission process. As with most other RFCs, what
folks choose to do with the document once it's published (use as a wiki/info
website template, summarily ignore, etc) is really up to them. It was intended
to be a (hopefully helpful) tool, and my best-case result would be that it is
provided with the information that we typically give to hosts to assist them in
hosting an IETF.
However, I purposely left any sort of formal direction to IAOC or the
secretariat out of this document, at least partially because I think that this
is simply one example of a recurring problem about how IETF should manage
non-static info (cf previous discussions about official per-RFC wiki entries,
etc), and I didn't want to have the solution to the generic problem be blocking
for this specific example.

In the meantime, my hunch all along has been that if for some reason the
baseline information necessary (not the answers to the questions) changed
enough that this document was in need of significant updates, someone (maybe me
if I'm still involved) would simply write an update to it.

Wes George

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for
the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the
contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and
any printout.