Re: [IETF] Travel/Attendees list FAQ

2011-12-07 20:50:01

On 12/7/2011 1:12 PM, Ole Jacobsen wrote:

Yes,

I would be happy to say to a host/sponsor: "We have a baseline
document X, it's been out there for a while and some additions,
suggestions etc can be found at Wiki W. Please have a look at
X and W, and see example E for how host foo did this at IETF
nn."

Actually, I meant wiki according to its classic, collaborative meaning:

   <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki>

What you folks are describing is a web page, not really a wiki.

The problem with designing this for use by a host is when we have no host. It also makes the host the gatekeeper of information. As we've seen quite often, good information comes from all over the community. We should take advantage of that by allowing anyone to add the information.

Access to IETF wikis already requires a login. I would expect a Venue Information Exchange Wiki (VIEW...) to be subject to the same requirement.

The template described in the I-D, gives excellent structure to the wiki.

I believe it would not be not an onerous burden on the Secretariat to establish a new wiki, according to the standardized template, for each meeting. After that, whoever has knowledge for that meeting can populate the database.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking