Re: Draft IESG Statement on Removal of an Internet-Draft from the IETF Web Site

2012-09-05 17:21:02
Hi John,
At 12:59 05-09-2012, John C Klensin wrote:
Of course, there is a case to be made that, if we had a more
sophisticated posting system that enforced the few rules we
already have, it would not have been accepted and posted in the
first place.  Individual drafts are supposed to be title
draft-OneOfTheAuthorNames-foo-bar-NN.  This one didn't meet that

Yes.

That said, the author in this particular case could presumably
have posted draft-vesely-spam-reporting-using-imap-kleansed-00
and then persuaded the Secretariat that it replaced
draft-ordogh-spam-reporting-using-imap-kleansed-00, thereby
causing the latter to be removed from the _active_ I-D
repository and moved off to the historical I-D archive.

Yes.

Mistakes can happen. The expiration provides, to some degree, the ability to forget.

Regards,
-sm