Re: Draft IESG Statement on Removal of an Internet-Draft from the IETF Web Site

2012-09-05 05:21:25
On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 2:50 PM, SM <sm(_at_)resistor(_dot_)net> wrote:
An I-D will only be removed from the public I-D archive in compliance
with a duly authorized court order.  If possible, a removed I-D will be
replaced with a tombstone file that describes the reason that the I-D
was removed from the public I-D archive.

I'll +1 the change (only for the IETF Stream) suggested by Alessandro
Vesely.

Suggested text:

  An expired I-D will be removed from the public I-D archive when necessary.
  Such action will be taken by request of an IESG member, a chair of the
  working group associated with the I-D, or one of the document authors.

  If possible, a removed I-D will be replaced with a tombstone file that
  describes the reason that the I-D was removed from the public I-D archive.

+1
It might be prudent to add other details of the DMCA order as well. I
have seen that other websites do that.

This is a good FAQ on DMCA removal
http://www.chillingeffects.org/copyright/notice.cgi?NoticeID=627#QID130

-- Vinayak (IANAL)