Re: Draft IESG Statement on Removal of an Internet-Draft from the IETF Web Site

2012-09-05 03:23:36
On Tue 04/Sep/2012 19:57:36 +0200 Russ Housley wrote:

If an I-D is posted with secret text, then the secret is disclosed.
I-D are copied to many shadow repositories all over the world.  So,
removing the I-D from ietf.org will not remove the secret text from
the Internet.

I figure the odds that an I-D contains secret text be reasonably low.

Please explain what you mean by inappropriate boilerplate?  The I-D
submission process checks the boilerplate.

For example, one of two authors might publish an I-D with trust200902
assuming the other author will be happy with that, and later find out
that that assumption was wrong.  As it formally licenses the work,
that boilerplate text may make the difference between fair use and
infringement of an exclusive right of the copyright owner --IANAL.