Re: Making RFC2119 key language easier to Protocol Readers

2013-01-15 02:02:20
On 15/01/2013 06:16, Dean Willis wrote:
Seriously -- at what point does replacing all action verbs with 2119 language
make the protocol spec LESS useful for compliance certification?

Wrong question. What we (the IETF) care about is the existence of interoperable
implementations, not mathematical compliance.

If you ask "at what point does replacing all action verbs with 2119 language
make
the protocol spec LESS useful for coding interoperable versions?", I think
the answer will be something like "when it makes the spec so ugly and
difficult to read that people get things wrong as a result."