Re: Appointment of a Transport Area Director

2013-03-06 08:13:18

On Mar 6, 2013, at 8:50 AM, Jari Arkko <jari(_dot_)arkko(_at_)piuha(_dot_)net>
wrote:
I'd like to receive some explanation (privately or publicly) about why we
are doing this in the middle of the nomcom process that makes any sense to
me…

I didn't want to imply that we necessarily couple the actions we take.

I agree of course that right now we have an issue to solve. I agree that we
should do whatever to complete the current process, and that waiting for a
reorganisation would be a bad idea.

Thanks for the clarification, Jari.  I support doing thing in this order.

It is very important that we resolve the current Transport AD selection issues
as quickly as possible.  I don't have much visibility into what is happening
there, despite being a candidate, but I hope some progress can be made on this
issue in the TSV area meeting.

It is also important that we make whatever changes we can to improve the
overall situation, both within the Transport Area and across the board, and it
would be great if we could make some progress in this area in time for the next
NomCom cycle.

Thanks,
Margaret