Re: Nomcom off in the wilderness: Transport AD

2013-03-06 15:58:07

On 03/06/2013 05:05 PM, Melinda Shore wrote:
On 3/6/13 4:57 AM, Dave Crocker wrote:
Candidates could choose to circulate the first part publicly.

I'm really, really against turning this into an election-like process

Speaking as someone who's filled in these things and both been
selected and not, but never been on nomcom, I'd be against making
'em public, so +1 to Melinda and others on that.

I think that'd lead to less honest/open answers as has been
pointed out. One example of that not noted so far is that I've
in the past told nomcom "pick the incumbent if he's re-upping"
and I think publishing responses would likely mean this would
either never be said or always be said and neither's as good as
it being said in private IMO.

That's just an example, I agree with pretty much all the
reasons folks have stated for not publishing these responses.

S.