Re: Nomcom is responsible for IESG qualifications

2013-03-07 21:22:07
On 3/7/2013 6:54 PM, Mary Barnes wrote:

[MB] Personally, I don't think the .ppts at the plenary should be the
only "Nomcom report".  It's really hard to tease things out from
bullet points.  Per my earlier note, I believe the community should
expect that the nomcom chair produce a written report in a form
similar to what had been done previously - e.g., 2009-2010 and
2008-2009 were the last two I am aware of.  That would allow the
community to read the report and discuss things rather than make
assumptions about bullet points during a live meeting. [/MB]

Mary, I agree. I'd like to see a return to

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-barnes-nomcom-report-2009-00

and

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-halpern-nomcom-report-00

(especially since both of these reports talked about issues we encountered this Nomcom cycle :-)

Spencer