Re: Nomcom off in the wilderness: Transport AD

2013-03-06 16:02:01
On 3/6/2013 3:11 PM, John C Klensin wrote:

On this specific point ...

Less likely, but still possible, a candidate may disclose
(presumably with permission based on the Nomcom's
confidentiality obligations when needed) truly confidential
material such as future job prospects or even plans within the
organization for which he or she currently works.  Again, if the
candidate can't be assured that information will be kept
confidential, with no pressure to disclose, we essentially
discourage candidates who have information of that type that
then cannot be revealed to the Nomcom.

I've seen at least one Nomcom questionnaire that fell into this category, so I's suggest that John's point is worth keeping in mind.

Spencer