Re: Getting rid of the dot (was: Mentoring)

2013-03-18 17:50:10
On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 11:10:14PM +0100, Carsten Bormann wrote:
I wouldn't mind replacing my blue dot with an indication *what* WG I chair,
and in which area that is.

Might be a bit more logistics when chairs change, but nothing that can't be
solved with a DYMO labelmaker.

Since I live with a graphic designer, I occasionally think about arranging
for some stickers that convey what areas one follows.  I suspect dinner
conversation at some point will involve trying to figure out appropriate
icons for the different areas.  Routing is the only immediately obvious one
to me.

INT, TSV, OPS and APP may simply suffer from my poor imagination with some
sort of ROYGBIV style 7-layer stack with those groups indicated by their
appropriate place in the hierarchy.  (Although OPS may object to my
"layer 6" thinking. :-)

Such an exercise would probably generate a lot less controversy than my
unsanctioned badge experiment.

http://pfrc.org/~jhaas/pictures/badge.jpg

-- Jeff