Re: It's a personal statement (Re: On the tradition of I-D "Acknowledgements" sections)

2013-03-25 11:35:35
It seems to me that you are setting up by assertion a standard that has never applied to this community.

Having said that, if we want to go down this path, then we could do what groups like IEEE do. Remove all authors names, all personal acknowledgements, etc. The work is simply the product of the committee. I would prefer not to go down that path. But if the alternative is copying every name from every person reported to have commented on the draft in the minutes or shown in the archive to have sent an email about the draft into a meaningless acknowledgements section, then the pure committee view would seem more sensible.

Yours,
Joel