Re: It's a personal statement (Re: On the tradition of I-D "Acknowledgements" sections)

2013-03-25 11:34:59
On Mar 25, 2013, at 15:38, Paul Hoffman
<paul(_dot_)hoffman(_at_)vpnc(_dot_)org> wrote:

The contents of the Acknowledgment section is about as much subject to WG
consensus as the authors' street addresses.

Disagree. WG documents are WG documents. If the author/editor doesn't want to
do what the WG consensus is about the document, the author/editor can walk
away.

The WG can decide to have a "contributors" section or whatever it wants.

The acknowledgements section, however, is, very much like the street address,
the authors' thing, and entirely up to their conscience.

(And, yes, the authors can certainly agree to be part of any "scheme" that uses
the acknowledgements section as a Skinner box, if they want to.
But I never again want to read a justification by an author why a particular
person is not listed in the acknowledgements section.  Never.
And that's my last statement on this thread.)

Grüße, Carsten