Re: It's a personal statement (Re: On the tradition of I-D "Acknowledgements" sections)

2013-03-25 12:49:32
"Dave" == Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> writes:

    Dave> Citing a 'contributors' section is invention on-the-fly.  It's
    Dave> not irrational, but it is not established IETF practice.

I believe contributors sections to be IETF practice.

As an example take a look at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/policy.html
In particular the authors vs contributors section.

When I was on the IESG, the IESG policy was consistent with the RFC
Editor's policy in this regard.