Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-11 10:45:26

On 4/11/2013 8:11 AM, Ray Pelletier wrote:
     we are considering adding some possibly sensitive
questions to the registration process, for example, gender.
The IAOC would like to hear from the community on this proposal.

The world has quite a bit of experience with such survey efforts. Done well, they can be helpful; done poorly that can be extremely problematic. It is very easy to pursue this poorly and the IETF has no experience with this activity.

I encourage the IAOC to seek the services of an appropriate expert, to assist in the formulation and use of such questions.

d/

--
 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking