Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-11 14:51:03
Hi Ray,
At 08:11 11-04-2013, Ray Pelletier wrote:
The IETF is concerned about diversity.  As good engineers, we would like
to attempt to measure diversity while working on addressing and increasing
it.  To that end, we are considering adding some possibly sensitive
questions to the registration process, for example, gender.  Of course,
they need not be answered and would be clearly labeled as optional.

  12.5 % of IAOC voting members are female.
   0.1%  of IAB members are female
   0 %   of IESG members are female.

Based on the above measurements the IAOC is more "diverse". The IAOC already collects gender-related information. The other information requested in the meeting registration form is strictly for meeting attendance purposes. The sensitive questions referred to above have nothing to do with meeting attendance.

Which other individual properties would the IAOC like to measure?

Regards,
-sm