Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-12 13:33:29
On 4/12/2013 10:12 AM, Toerless Eckert wrote:
I still think that the IETF community at large has no intentional
diversity bias, so the process of discussing and analyzing
diversity in the context of leadership is to help better describe
diversity induced job qualifications as well as uncovering any
potential unconscious bias to help overcoming it.

I think it's unintentional, as well, but I'm not sure
that's *much* of an improvement over malicious bias.
It certainly makes it far, far, far more difficult to
address.  As I said I think that looking at the pool of
nominees who've accepted their nominations and comparing
it to the pool of people selected would provide one
very rough measure of bias (explicit or otherwise) in
one stage of the process.

Melinda