Re: IETF Diversity Question on Berlin Registration?

2013-04-12 14:11:57
On 4/12/2013 11:04 AM, Lou Berger wrote:
While I've been very reluctant to jump on this topic, I have to ask
what's the basis for this assertion?

I think the numbers are pretty compelling, which is why
I think they would deserve scrutiny if there's the
possibility of remediation if a problem is identified.
However, it's pretty clear from the tone of the discussion
so far that no remediation would be possible, and so I
actually think it's probably a bad idea to attack the
question.  That does not mean, however, that the question
does not exist.

And I don't know if you intended to or not, but what you
communicated is "The best candidates are nearly always
western white guys," since that's who's being selected.
That's a problematic suggestion.

Melinda