Re: IETF Meeting in South America

2013-05-29 01:27:29

On May 29, 2013, at 5:09 AM, Melinda Shore
<melinda(_dot_)shore(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

On 5/28/13 3:06 PM, l(_dot_)wood(_at_)surrey(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk wrote:
The centres for networking industry in Australia are Melbourne and Sydney,
in that order.
It's a bit like IETF 51 being held in Grimsby, not London or Cambridge.

Okay.  So, should we be extrapolating from this to what
we can expect from Brazilians if we meet in Buenos
Aires?

We should extrapolate to Americans and expect that all North American meetings
should be in Silicone Valley, otherwise American engineers won't participate.

Unless Americans have some unique ability to travel that South Americans and
Australians don't.

Yoav