Re: Content-free Last Call comments

2013-06-11 15:25:02
On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 8:45 PM, Pete Resnick
<presnick(_at_)qti(_dot_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>wrote:

It's interesting to see that people are interpreting me to mean I want
more text. I don't. I want less. Save your breath.

Well, this thread is surely evidence that you don't always get what you
want.

But more seriously, what are you expecting Russ to do? What did you want
him to write?

If your answer is "Nothing", then how do you read IETF consensus for a
document that gets no response in its Last Call? The XSF's stance is often
"It got nothing in Last Call, it shouldn't advance", which seems reasonable
to me - I don't think defaulting to publication is right - certainly not in
every case.

My suggestion was simply to ask for what you want in the Last Call.

But I imagine you could also just start an endless thread on an already
overloaded list until someone guesses the answer.

Dave.