Re: Content-free Last Call comments

2013-06-11 15:33:53
On Jun 11, 2013, at 4:24 PM, Dave Cridland
<dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net<mailto:dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net>> wrote:
But more seriously, what are you expecting Russ to do? What did you want him to
write?

If your answer is "Nothing", then how do you read IETF consensus for a document
that gets no response in its Last Call? The XSF's stance is often "It got
nothing in Last Call, it shouldn't advance", which seems reasonable to me - I
don't think defaulting to publication is right - certainly not in every case.

My suggestion was simply to ask for what you want in the Last Call.

I have a modest suggestion for you: read the rest of the message from Pete that
you just replied to, in which he answers each of the questions you asked in
your reply.