Re: Regarding call Chinese names

2013-07-11 09:16:32
On Jul 11, 2013, at 8:14 AM, Hui Deng <denghui02(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
I personally feel that this is maybe one of not easier part for western
people to do in today IETF.  and chinese's names sound maybe more diffcult
than other eastern languages.

I think these documents are useful for IETFers who care, and possibly for
others.   Pinyin transliteration is not safely pronounceable without help.
It's true that many European languages are hard for speakers of other languages
to pronounce also, and I would not personally object to more helpful documents
of this type for other languages.   I think that what would motivate this would
be author interest—that's what we usually let drive volunteer translations of
IETF messages into other languages, for example.   E.g., there are numerous
translations for the Tao; these are done on a volunteer basis, so if you don't
see one for your language, and this bothers you, the onus is on you to solve it.