Re: Regarding call Chinese names

2013-07-11 09:28:23
Le 2013-07-11 16:22, Cyrus Daboo a écrit :
So, from a technical standpoint, it seems better to always represent
user names using components (last, first, middle)? vCard does have an
"N" property where individual components of a name can be broken out.

I'm nowhere near an expert on this topic, but I distinctly remember
during the vCard 4 effort some participants saying that some cultures
just don't separate names into parts. In those cultures, you would just
have *a name*. Like an opaque, atomic blob I guess.

Simon