Re: Regarding call Chinese names

2013-07-14 18:35:55
revised to "for english speaking people who care"
thanks

-Hui

2013/7/11 Ted Lemon <Ted(_dot_)Lemon(_at_)nominum(_dot_)com>

On Jul 11, 2013, at 8:14 AM, Hui Deng <denghui02(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
I personally feel that this is maybe one of not easier part for western
people to do in today IETF.  and chinese's names sound maybe more diffcult
than other eastern languages.

I think these documents are useful for IETFers who care, and possibly for
others.   Pinyin transliteration is not safely pronounceable without help.
  It's true that many European languages are hard for speakers of other
languages to pronounce also, and I would not personally object to more
helpful documents of this type for other languages.   I think that what
would motivate this would be author interest—that's what we usually let
drive volunteer translations of IETF messages into other languages, for
example.   E.g., there are numerous translations for the Tao; these are
done on a volunteer basis, so if you don't see one for your language, and
this bothers you, the onus is on you to solve it.