Re: Regarding call Chinese names

2013-07-24 05:27:41
other than pinyin which are common and normatively correct.  For those
Chinese people, your document does not apply.  As an example, the
current
chief executive of Hong Kong is properly called Leung Chun Ying (梁振英);
his
predecessor  in that role was Tung Chee Hwa (董建華).   Similar situations
arise in Taiwan and in many territories where Chinese people are
themselves
national minorities.

That's not Pinyin system. I have a question for you, do you think
these spellings are self pronounciable?

You mean how accurate they sound?  They sound right for the intended
dialect, just they are not Mandarin.

No, I am curious how the translation system maps the sound (i know
it's Cantonese) to English letters.

Pinyin is not self pronounceable . Because by reading the letters,
English speakers do not know how to pronounce.