Re: Internet standardisation remains unilateral

2013-10-23 10:00:19
Couldn't agree more. I was guessing that there were some who only participated on-line but since I didn't know for sure, I didn't go that far. As I said, the problem of attendance has been greatly reduced if not eliminated.

Agreed that business interest is the primary driving factor and since most vendors are in the developed world, that is where the participation comes from.

Every standards committee I have ever had contact with found it difficult to get "user" participation, Generally, those organizations argue that the standards work was beyond what they saw as their planning horizon. Of course, this doesn't stop them from complaining that they had to buy what the vendors produce as opposed to what they might liked to have seen! ;-) But we all know how management tends to think. ;-)

Take care,
John