Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Global Multistakeholder Meeting on the Future of Internet Governance

2013-11-18 18:52:40
On Monday, November 18, 2013 16:27:39 Dave Crocker wrote:
On 11/18/2013 4:15 PM, Jari Arkko wrote:
The web site is under construction and in a state flux, which probably
explains some of the weirdness. For instance, both me and Russ have
signed up on the mailing list but not received mails yet. There's no
IPv6. Bug reports have been filed...
 From a quick scan of the postings on this thread, the effort you folks
are describing sounds either like a scam or a serious lack of
operational competence.

In either case, it seems like it should prompt considerable caution
rather than considerable haste.

It's not as if it is difficult to set up a basic web site these days...

I'm not personally in a rush to sign up for anything with a privacy policy
that includes things like it being permissible to release private information
when it is determined to be in the publics interest.  As I read it, the
privacy policy boils down to them being able to release anything to anybody
that is not specifically prohibited by law.

Scott K