Re: Concerns about draft-moonesamy-ietf-conduct-3184bis-05 becoming a Best Current Practice

2013-12-31 19:49:57
On 12/31/13, Ted Lemon <ted(_dot_)lemon(_at_)nominum(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Dec 31, 2013, at 4:12 AM, t.p. <daedulus(_at_)btconnect(_dot_)com> wrote:
Is it Quebecois, Canadian, American, IETFian...  ?  I do not
know and cannot imagine it conveying anything to someone who is new to
the IETF and is not a native English speaker!

It's jargon.   I suspect at this point most native english speakers who read
IETF documents would understand what it means, but I see no reason to think
that non-native speakers would, and I assumed it was removed for that
reason.   I think it's fine to leave it out, but would be curious to hear
from some non-native speakers as to what they think about it.

I am not native speaker, and still not attended meetings (but was
remote), but that statement of reduce heat and having light is very
useful and understandable for me. I hope not to remove it. Usually
heat refers to argue without evidence and light refers to knowledge
and evidence. However, using them is better because we want to give
freedom to people to discuss even if they don't have clear evidence
but not to get heated.

AB