Re: Revision to Note Well

2014-02-06 19:11:53
Oh gods, I was desperately trying to stay out of this conversation...

Seeing as I'm still unclear on what the actual *problem* is, this may or
may not be a reasonable suggestion.

I liked the old Note Well, but I get that not everyone reads it when it is
flashed up on a slide. I also get that the summarized versions miss some
subtleties / edge cases...

So, how about we simply present *both*.
"Here is an incomplete summary of our IPR stuff, but it should give you an
overview. <click> This is the longer, more detailed and correct version. It
is also posted online and you agreed to it when signing up. IANAL. If you
have any concerns / don't understand what this says, go talk to *your*
lawyer. <click> Now, agenda bashing..."
I just timed this - takes < 15 seconds to say (or <4 if you are EKR ;-)).

On Thursday, February 6, 2014, <ned+ietf(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com>