Re: Call for Review of draft-iab-styleguide-01.txt, "RFC Style Guide"

2014-03-04 13:01:12

From: Abdussalam Baryun
<abdussalambaryun(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com<mailto:abdussalambaryun(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>>

The most important comment for me as start message is that the 1st April RFC
should be categorised different than IETF standards. IMHO, The past RFC style
is not a reasonable style of the world or the future best practices. In
considering our standards business and our documents reputation, we should not
make jokes with our followers only if we are sure all like such jokes.

I don't want to stop that Style type, but it should be easily discriminated by
readers/users from other real work/business.

WG] Please explain how the combination of the publish date, the doc status
(usually info or experimental) plus this boilerplate (below) isn’t enough to
distinguish this from standards?

"Status of This Memo

   This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
   published for informational purposes.

   This is a contribution to the RFC Series, independently of any other
   RFC stream.  The RFC Editor has chosen to publish this document at
   its discretion and makes no statement about its value for
   implementation or deployment.  Documents approved for publication by
   the RFC Editor are not a candidate for any level of Internet
   Standard; see Section 2 of RFC
5741<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5741#section-2>."

I’d tell you a UDP joke, but you probably won’t get it…

Wes George

Anything below this line has been added by my company’s mail server, I have no
control over it.
-----------

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for
the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the
contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and
any printout.