Re: [rfc-i] Call for Review of draft-iab-styleguide-01.txt, "RFC Style Guide"

2014-03-04 19:29:39
From: Abdussalam Baryun <abdussalambaryun(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com <mailto:abdussalambaryun(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>>

The most important comment for me as start message is that the 1st April RFC should be categorised different than IETF standards. IMHO, The past RFC style is not a reasonable style of the world or the future best practices. In considering our standards business and our documents reputation, we should not make jokes with our followers only if we are sure all like such jokes.

I don't want to stop that Style type, but it should be easily discriminated by readers/users from other real work/business.

All April 1st RFCs *ARE* categorized different than IETF standards. The problem is your equating "RFC == IETF Standard".

Repeat this mantra 10,000 times or until you fully grok it: Only some RFCs are standards; the rest are not.

    Tony Hansen