Re: Call for Review of draft-iab-styleguide-01.txt, "RFC Style Guide"

2014-03-05 02:06:17
On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 2:45 AM, Abdussalam Baryun <
abdussalambaryun(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

The draft should consider reader styles then present author styles and
then RFC best practice style. I don't think the funny RFC is a best
practice style.

In a different thread you made some claims about the reason IETF attendance
dropped off after 2000-2002.  I think if the IETF and the RFC Editor
function were compelled to become so rigid that we can no longer safely
reminisce or laugh at ourselves in sometimes visible ways, you'll see it
drop again.

I think it's fine that some people aren't in on the joke.  Getting there is
a form of education; if you do the work to understand the joke, you'll be
better off, and then you can laugh with us.

In any case, I agree with SM's point that this has little if anything to do
with the style guide.

-MSK