RE: Call for Review of draft-iab-styleguide-01.txt, "RFC Style Guide"

2014-03-04 22:11:23
Furthermore, editors should motivate their document to easy readings to
understanding.

You should take your own advice. Your emails are difficult to read, and
difficult to understand. The above sentence is not even grammatical English.
And you're seeking to give authors advice? REALLY?

Also, you are discriminating against cultures that consider funny RFCs to be
funny, and humour to be a useful educational tool in gaining understanding.

Lloyd Wood
http://about.me/lloydwood
From: ietf [ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Abdussalam Baryun
[abdussalambaryun(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 05 March 2014 02:45
To: SM
Cc: iab(_at_)iab(_dot_)org; ietf
Subject: Re: Call for Review of draft-iab-styleguide-01.txt, "RFC Style Guide"

Hi SM

The draft should consider reader styles then present author styles and then RFC
best practice style. I don't think the funny RFC is a best practice style.

One of the important issue of document styles, is the each style purpose or
benefit to all readers. Documents are for readers and mostly new readers. RFCs
should consider new readers, especially the funny RFCs (in some cultures they
may not think that style is funny).

IMHO , The RFC editor output general style should change to welcome/match more
reader styles. Authors should not do documents without clarifying purpose of
their writing style.  Furthermore, editors should motivate their document to
easy readings to understanding. Comment below,

Thanks,

AB