Re: Call for Review of draft-iab-styleguide-01.txt, "RFC Style Guide"

2014-03-05 11:24:50
On 04/03/2014 9:41 AM, IAB Chair wrote:
This is a call for review of "RFC Style Guide" prior to potential
approval as an IAB stream RFC.

The document is available for inspection here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-styleguide/

The Call for Review will last until 2 April 2014.
Normally, we ask for comments to go to the IAB mail list, but for
this document, it is more appropriate to use the RFC Interest list.
Please send comments to rfc-interest(_at_)rfc-editor(_dot_)org.

On behalf of the IAB,
Russ Housley
IAB Chair

The document looks reasonable.

As an author, I have had exchanges in the past with an IESG member who would, I believe, disagree with the advice in the first sentence, last paragraph of Section 4.8.2. I am happy with that paragraph as it stands.

   To simply specify a necessary logical relationship, the normal
   lowercase words should be used.  On the other hand, if the
   capitalized words are used in a document, choose and use them
   carefully and consistently.

Nit: last paragraph of Section 1, disagreement in number.

OLD

All RFCs begin as an Internet-Draft

NEW

All RFCs begin as Internet-Drafts