Overlays and encapsulations (was Re: Engineering discussions )

2014-03-09 16:34:04
In the last few years, there seems to be a drive towards overlays and
additional
packet encapsulations.  What problems do you see these as solving?  Is
there a
more focused way to consider the drivers and downsides?

Thoughts?

Alia