Re: Web Anniversary

2014-03-12 13:05:37
On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond
<ocl(_at_)gih(_dot_)com>wrote:

Indeed -- and I'd be pretty surprised too as I was in the UK at the time
and on 3 Nov 88 I remember reading all about the RTM worm & trying out
some pings & stuff from UCL NSS Gateway (which became nsfnet-relay for UK).

Then again, who cares? :-)

All those poor shmos who invested their kids college fund in BitCoin
because they have absolute confidence in an Internet currency backed by the
sole inventor of the Web (and there is a history of the Web book to prove
it), Marc Andressen.

One of the things we found out about with the Web was that some people
cared a very great deal about getting credit and they were willing to spend
a great deal of money to take it from others. If you read the early press
stories on the Web you will find that most don't mention Tim at all.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/