Re: buggy mail software, was Web Anniversary

2014-03-17 11:09:21
When you reply to one of these email list things, *DO* *NOT* *CHANGE* *THE*"
*SUBJECT*:" *FIELD*!

Most subscribers to the IETF (and most other) list(s) need for everything
received from said list(s) to be appropriately labeled in the "Subject:"
field. ...

You might consider getting a better mail client.  There are plenty
that can thread on References: and other headers.

I find it more annoying that threads drift and end up having nothing
to do with the unchanged subject line.  The message I was replying to
is a classic example.

R's,
John

PS: I'm a total troglodyte so I pipe my list mail into a local news
server and use trn.  Works great, mostly.