Re: buggy mail software, was Web Anniversary

2014-03-17 17:02:33
On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 01:52:16PM -0500, Ofer Inbar wrote:
I suspect that's not true for "most" subscribers to the IETF list,
though we don't have email client statistics so I don't know if I'm
right (or if you're right).  However, please do avoid using hobbled
email clients that can't follow threads using the appropriate headers
clients can do it.  Or, if you insist on using a deficient client
that can't follow threads properly, at least don't try to dumb down
the email use of the rest of the list to work with it at the expense
email functionality that's useful for others.

If you are using a deficient client that doesn't understand the
Feedback and bug reports with your e-mail provider that you would like
them to support this feature.

Whether it is a crippled MUA, or a crippled web-based e-mail service,
they won't change unless they get demands from their customers/users
to provide this feature.

                                        - Ted