Re: Web Anniversary

2014-03-17 03:12:47
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 9:30 PM, Bob Braden <braden(_at_)isi(_dot_)edu> wrote:
[cut]
That was 3 years after the ARPAnet went over from
NCP to TCP/IP.  Evidence: the 2nd URL in your message!

Yes, I should have noticed the date is after the migration; Internet
connection is the correct term.  Thank you.  I also would like to
thank Robert Kahn for the very interesting details!  This thread gave
me the opportunity to read for the first time (part of) 1822 e NCP.
Fascinating.

While I was looking for historical information about pre-Internet
European packet networking experiments (unfortunately only very
fragmented information) I found the 2006 Laudatio of Prof. Luciano
Lenzini for Dr. Cerf and Dr. Kahn (the CNUCE connection is one of the
main topic).  I hope someone appreciates this as much as I do:

http://www.unipi.it/ateneo/comunica/cerimonie/honoris/laudatiolenzini.htm_cvt.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUAlhdCOBjA (Italian dubbed, sorry)

ciao
fra