Re: (DMARC) How a whitelist would work, was Why mailing lists

2014-04-16 23:13:23
Do you envision each operator maintaining its own whitelist, or one or more
public registries of them, or something else?

On the assumption that we have reasonably good agreement about what would qualify for DMARC whitelisting, I'd think you'd want a small set (maybe only one) of public whitelists.

If each receiver has to do its own whitelist, that means that nobody bug a big gorilla who can afford to create a whitelist can apply DMARC policies.

R's,
John