Re: (DMARC) How a whitelist would work, was Why mailing lists

2014-04-17 17:18:14

John R Levine <johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com> wrote:
    >> Do you envision each operator maintaining its own whitelist, or one or
more
    >> public registries of them, or something else?

    > On the assumption that we have reasonably good agreement about what would
    > qualify for DMARC whitelisting, I'd think you'd want a small set (maybe
only
    > one) of public whitelists.

    > If each receiver has to do its own whitelist, that means that nobody bug a
    > big gorilla who can afford to create a whitelist can apply DMARC policies.

I don't understand whitelists.

Are you saying that gmail and yahoo have to know about my lists.sandelman.ca
before I can have gmail/yahoo members on my little local list?

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-